Yasmin's Brother, Thanksgiving 2007


We have been uncommonly fortunate with the whom that have graced our apartment here in New York over the last eight years. Well, I can't make that claim with utter confidence. Maybe the word 'uncommon' throws the phrase into a kind of relative ooze that hinders the normal authority with which I might readily pluck it. Despite this obvious pitfall of my opening line, I am pretty grateful for the diversity and character of the folks who have passed by here. Omar happened to show up with Matt and Yasmin. Matt and Yasmin happened to show up with Ryan and Mike who came because of Kevin. I think Omar had a good time. He looked like he was having a good time. That night Yasmin gave us a neat little Egyptian "evil eye" that now hangs just inside our door. I can't remember the brand of cigarettes Omar smoked.

No comments: