Rob and Roland Charging the Wild Surf



Rob left for a year of working in New Zealand on Friday. On Saturday, Bubba, his dog whom he had to leave behind, died of natural dog old age causes. Bubba was a big dog. A really big dog with skinny legs and an extremely pointy face who was incredibly proficient at killing rabbits, rodents and apparently, rattle snakes.

These photos were taken the day before Rob left, two days before Bubba died. I paddled out myself not long after on a big, purple pintail, caught two fun, close out waves and paddled back in so I could pack up my bag for the return flight to New York. Roland lives in Philadelphia but he still catches the waves good on that roundy, blue board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should say that Bubba, while a fierce predator, was a wonderful guy always up for a hello whenever we would come around.