Dan Lane, Mastic Beach

Dan Lane will laugh at your jokes. I don't mean to say he'll laugh at anything. Nor am I saying he is some kind of giggler. I mean, look at him. Does he look like a giggler to you? No, Dan Lane simply knows how to put a joke, whatever joke, into instant personal context so he can laugh at it. I think he does this because he enjoys laughing. I also think he does this because he can. He is a bright guy who enjoys laughing and can instantly see the value of the joke you are trying to tell. That is, put it into the right context and laugh at it as such. This is a pretty neat trick and makes Dan, alongside many of his other fine attributes, such a relief to be around. Dan will also take one for the team. Maybe that's what I'm talking about in the first place.

No comments: