Park Avenue, Under the BQE

Josh and Katy and Brittany came over. We had decided to film the video at my house. We were all in awe of Josh. He was really popular and dated a girl name Michelle, or was it Nicole? One of those guys who always seemed older than the rest of us. Mr. Hillyer grouped the class off into fours and told us to make a public service announcement video about something. Josh came up with this elaborate narrative about under-age drinking and a big mesh gym-ball bag. Since my parents had a little bar area downstairs, we decided to film at my house. I was supposed to be the under-age patient, and Josh played the on-screen doctor. I boldly had a few sips of whiskey. Later, when we showed our video to the class, I keenly watched Mr. Hillyer to see what his reaction would be to the part of the video where Josh yelled out "HERE IS THE BALL SACK" and all four of us grabbed at the balls. Mr. Hillyer put his hand to his mouth, put his head down and tried to act like he wasn't laughing so hard. Other than that, I just remember watching my red face wobble about on screen trying to stay top side. It was the first time I had ever been drunk.

2 comments:

BigDan said...

Ahora hay un comentario.
Toddy, this has nothing to do with your most recent post (which is a wonderful memory) except that the part about you being drunk reminded me to recommend the movie Head On. have you seen? It's amazing. see it.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'll see it if you'll trade me "The Edge of Heaven" by Fatih Akın. Eerily similar sounding films.