The Unsurgical Strike



Long gone are the days of Central Coast point breaks offering fun ankle high dribblers a bike ride away. Gone too are the heady ones of youth, sampling free time like it were truly free. We reckoned we could take the Maginot Line, no need to plan further than getting there. But this is a new life, an old life, a city life and we must devise accordingly.
This morning was the first act of contrition. Knowing full well there would be no discernable swell, we made the trek anyway, trying and hoping that we could build our confidence and grasp the rigors. By our estimations today, rigors they will be. Up at 5:oo AM most likely for an hour of hard, cold surf only to turn around for a punishing lessthansprint home and a mad dash to work through the unforgiving city transit.
But I need it. I need it badly. As often as I can I will update the terrible progress. Hopefully I can get my sea legs and sea shoulders back after years of false promises to return. You see, we are not getting any younger but our resolve must be twice as tireless.
Yeah, right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Antonio wants me to mention that the coffee was very good when we got back to town.

Kris said...

is this why you called me at the crack of dawn the other day?

Kris said...

i thought so. try again - i'll go next time for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey guy, Antonio is down there on South Oxford too.
Sounds like we have a little crowd to bring to the break.
I am hating us already.

scs said...

I applaud the F-you to aging spirit that I see in evidence here.