Newsie and One of the Ugly Luggage Guys



One of the many joys of doing this blog is letting the picture I pull out tell me the caption I need to write. I reckon thats a fun part for all sorts of publishers who have photos that need captions. Sometimes its hard and sometimes its easy. Generally, it doesn't take more than a couple minutes and its super satisfying.
This one is real easy as it is the birthday of M.Lusk. This thing always astounds me with the coincidences it facilitates.
Here he is outside of Ugly Luggage in a typical M.Lusk moment, hanging out with some local type. M.Lusk introduced me to the New York art world, initially giving me a job as an art handler in a swanky Soho gallery (when there were still Soho galleries besides Deitch) and later putting up some of my work in a group show he curated in Greenpernt. Besides that, for years he has entertained us with wily feats of athleticism every Summer Sunday on the softball diamond. M.Lusk is a joy and I am glad to know him.

No comments: